Tuesday, 12 May 2009

Work in progress

Once upon a time(about 6 months ago) I was a freelancer-since 2001- ; I had lots of time to paint then-but no work-. Now, I finally have a job but no time to paint. It's sad to realize how I wasted my precious time with lots of useless things instead of painting. I had to paint more and more...

These two pieces will be a gift for my best friend. I started them 6 months ago. And after the first wash, they had to be abandoned in a lonely corner. Recently I started to work again. I have hope, they'll finish... And my friend... Well, she's still waiting patiently :)

Safranbolu Houses
22x30 cm, watercolor and watercolor pencil

4 comments:

dominique eichi said...

Beautiful work . I love the painting of your daughter when she was young. Make many more ........ I will come back to check on you thanks for following me.

Mineke Reinders said...

As soon as I saw this post, I thought: Safranbolu... These are wonderful, I can't wait to see them finished. Your friend will be so pleased.

r garriott said...

These look like they will be very beautiful! I hope you will post the finished artworks.

I know what you mean: often it seems we either have time (to paint), or we have money (work), but rarely both together.

I wish you good luck!

Yasemin said...

Thank you all for all your sport and kind comments :)