Tuesday, 30 June 2009

Watercolor Class VI

Watercolor, 17x12 cm

This time we tried rocks from mind. It was a real challenge developing rocks from some paint spots. First I was frustrated and then I really started to see the rocks and some grass little bit here and there. And from that moment it was fun adding some shadows, cracks, details, etc. Unfortunately it had to be a short session. But it's a great pleasure to say that we've started with 6, but now we're 9 and a half (one of us is only 5 years old and of course she paints princesses, butterflies, more beautiful and interesting things than we do :D )

5 comments:

Irina said...

I like your watercolor paintings very much, your earlier art also. I see a hand of experienced painter in your watercolors. Besides, as I learning myself, it is very interesting to see the stages of your learnning process. Please go on publishing!

Yasemin said...

Hi Irina! Thank you very much :) Keeping this kind of diary really works. If I don't paint and/or couldn't upload anything I feel guilty. This way I'm creating more time to paint. I'll go on :) And thanks again for your time and support...

Tito said...

Un esercizio realizzato molto bene, stai facendo passi da gigante!! Complimenti!

Mineke Reinders said...

Your class sounds great. Painting rocks from mind is something I never would have thought of, but your result is very nice and harmonious. Also love the fact that there is a 5 year old in your class - congrats to the young artist!

Yasemin said...

Ti ringrazio di cuore Tito :) Era divertente...

Mineke, nice to hear from you again :) And thanks, I'm happy with the result too. Painting from mind is a new experience for me. Now I'm looking around with a fresh eye, I'm thinking how I would paint things.