Sunday, 10 October 2010

A Turkish painter

Happines that comes with "The Sun"

The joy of painting, I got it from my dad. He was a good painter in his youth. But sometimes working life lefts no room for anything else, so he put aside his brushes and pens. After his retirement, finally he was able to find time to pour his colourful world on to paper. Lately he is fond of painting portraits of Hollywood celebrities, and friends also.

This summer he drew a charcoal portrait of a beautiful young lady named Güneş (means "the sun"), the niece of our neighbour. The parents of Güneş loved the portrait and thanked a lot. A few days ago my father received a parcel, full of Bütün Dünya Magazines with the potrait on the back cover. What a beautiful surprise! What an elegant way to say "thank you"!

I love you dad, I'm proud of you! And thank you for sharing your talent with me :)

For more of my dad's works:
http://community.how-to-draw-and-paint.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=3bddp6g10fryz

For Bütün Dünya Magazine:
http://www.butundunya.com/

Have a happy Sunday!

4 comments:

silver said...

Dear Yasemin,
Your comments and your thoughts about me really touched me in the deepest of my self.Thank you so much for your generous and encouraging comments.Your appreciation of my work means a lot to me.
You do such fabulous work.I could learn a lot from you.
I am lucky and proud that I have a daughter like you.
Love,your dad Yuksel

Tito said...

Yasemin, ho ammirato i ritratti dipinti dal tuo papà, davvero bravissimo! Per favore fai al tuo babbo i complimenti da parte mia. E' un grande ritrattista. Un abbraccio.

travelingsuep said...

That's amazing. Your father is very talented!

Cacau Jafet said...

Olá Yasemin! Adoro seus trabalhos!!!Parabéns por seu Pai!!
Quero te convidar para conhecer o meu espaço,será uma honra te receber.
bjossss